June 15: Applications Open
UCSF Health Hub will accept submissions from Digital Health award applications starting June 15, 2019 in up to 14 award categories. We are seeking to find the companies that promote the faster, better, cheaper healthcare by improving outcomes like shorter hospital stays, reduced patient and insurer cost, faster cures, and happier doctors and patients. We are looking for mature companies with in-market products that have been used by a minimum of 5,000 patients and have been verified in a validation study or clinical trial.
These awards showcase the new technologies that are dramatically improving healthcare through innovative means for the benefit of society and to reduce the onerous cost burden.
2019 Award Categories
- Best Application of AI: Best new therapy using applied Artificial Intelligence.
- Best Behavioral Health Company: Best behavioral health digital therapeutic.
- Best Mental Health Company: Best mental health digital health therapeutic
- Best Consumer Wellness & Prevention Company: Best wellness or prevention digital health product or service aimed at consumers.
- Best Cardiovascular Digital Diagnostic: Best application diagnosing ailments of the heart and circulatory system.
- Best Cancer Digital Diagnostic: Best digital technology helping diagnose or treat cancers.
- Best EHR in Data Interoperability: The best product or service that is improving or using data interoperability in Electronic Health Records (EHR) and personal health data.
- Best EHR in Patient Engagement The best product or service that uses Electronic Health Records (EHR) and personal health data to improve patient engagement.
- Best Employer Wellness & Prevention Company: Best wellness or prevention digital health product or solution aimed at employers.
- Best FemTech Company: Best therapeutic or tool in women's health including sexual, reproductive, and maternal & child health.
- Digital Health Innovator of the Year: Annually awarded to an individual that has made substantial contributions in the area of digital health innovation.
- Best Patient Cost Savings Company: Best new product helping patients save money.
- Best Remote Care & Diagnostics Company: Best remote care or diagnostics digital health product or service.
- Best Telemedicine Company: Best telemedicine service or company
August 15: Applications Close (Now extended to August 25)
- Submittable will stop accepting new applications at 11:59 pm on August 25, 2019.
August 15: Judging Begins
- The UCSF Health Hub Directors and other qualified members from UCSF will choose the top 10 submissions to be expertly judged in each award category. This will ensure that the expert judges are able to give each submission a thorough review.
September 6: Round 1 (Top 10)
- The top 10 submissions in each category will be selected.
- 10 judges per category will be assigned to begin the review and scoring process for their respective award categories.
- Judges will sign in and use Submittable to review and score all company submissions assigned to them.
- Each long answer question will be scored on a scale of 1-10. This will be used to determine an aggregate score for each company
September 20: Round 2 (Semi-finals)
- The top 4 semi-finalists will be announced for each category online and showcased on the awards website.
- Semi-finalists will be expected to attend the live awards event on October 10, 2019 and be ready to receive the award should they win.
October 1: Semi-finalists (Top 4) Announced
- Semi-finalists will announced at 6 AM PT on October 1, 2019
October 10: Winners Announced at Live Event
- Throughout the night, winning companies in each category will be presented physical awards by 14 different judges, one for each awards category.
- Winning teams will be allotted 2-3 minutes for an acceptance speech which should ideally include a 30 second video presentation.
- Post-event winners will be sent a digital trophy logo to be used in any marketing materials.
- Winners will be featured in the UCSF Health Hub Newsletter and receive spotlights by media partners.